Featured Post

"The key to the Internal Arts - Second Edition" is published on Amazon.

First of all, thanks for all five-star reviewers. Let us send you Yi for your great Karma. Hope the book would be helpful for many more peop...

Monday 3 May 2010

Internal Power – The “Qi” (or Chi)

I never thought doing Qigong could help me develop the internal power. On last Saturday class, I could feel it for the first time. I am not sure whether I am too tired after Self Defence, but after practicing Qigong. I could practice my mind power as well as the energy from within. If you put all your heart, mind, soul into practicing Qigong, you will feel the following:

1. At first, simply just warmth

2. If focus your mind to it, feeling the energy going through your body, checking every part of your body, you will feel something like electricity going through your blood vessels and veins. (I could only feel it from the finger tips down to the palm, up the wrist, and to the bottom half of my arms.)

3. The most important, you will feel the forces (positive and negative forces). When your hands go smaller, you feel the compelling force. When your hand go larger, you will feel the energy is flowing like yinyang (balance).

Tips:
1. Focus. Qigong is not just meditation. It is the practice of mind power. (During practice, I am able to block away all distraction and sound. I could only hear the nature and me – i.e. the leaves scattering, your own breathing, Jinho Lee’s teaching and the wind.)

2. Imagine. Sun is a source of life. Where there is warmth, there is energy. You should feel and listen to the glowing sun. Imagine you are holding the sun. In your world, you can be the person in charge and do not need to be afraid holding the sun.

3. Listen to your body. Feel where the energy flows in which part of your body. Breathing is also the most essential part of qigong. Keep breathing in and out!

Lastly practice qigong regularly! You will be surprise what you found. By practicing qigong, you will develop a positive mind.


- Written by Shirley, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment